Tuesday 6 February 2007

Hello!

Hi, and thanks for visiting.

A few words to introduce myself: I'm a early-mid-late twentysomething Londoner who, dissatisfied with his sedentary lifestyle, decided to become a trained swordsman.

OK, so I saw Die Another Day and thought it looked cool. The point is, I decided to take up fencing.

I'm an absolute beginner, save for an introductory course (more on that later), so I'm going to use this blog to document my progress. Other, more experienced fencers will be able to snigger at my feeble attempts to master step-lunges and parries, and hopefully I'll be able to look back in a few years' time and do the same!

So - it's time to get my pallid, bandy-legged frame into gear and turn it into a honed, toned, fencing machine.

Next post: what happened on my six-week introductory course.

1 comment:

The London Lowdown said...

Hi, I've just started fencing too, so I feel your pain! I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.